Tuesday, April 25, 2006

When it rains...

It pours. It's only Tuesday and I am ready to snap at the next person who crosses my path. My stress level has gone through the roof this week and it just keeps piling on.

Yesterday was the start of it all. It's finals week for me, so that is stressful by itself. But at work I ended up going one on one with the child who has anger issues as well as behavior problems. Everything you say to him, in his mind, is up for debate. It doesn't matter how many times you tell him that arguing is not an option, he does it anyways. The entire morning with him was tantrums and arguing.

Today with him was worse than yesterday. He ended up throwing a chair and a cot at a teacher as well as kicking and shoving a number of kids this morning. After he came back from Head Start, he pitched a fit at the table and threw another chair. To make matters worse, one of the teachers told him he was being a "bad boy." Now, we're allowed to say that a child's behavior is bad-(which I don't agree with either, I prefer unacceptable or inappropriate)-but we are never allowed to say that a child is being bad or good. Their behavior may be bad or good, but the child is not to be told they are bad or good. So I reminded the teacher that we're not allowed to say that to a kid, which didn't go over well at all.

On top of all of this, I'm still stressed out about moving, I have 2 more exams that I haven't studied for, my whole body aches, I have to go pick up a kid tonight and watch her until 8. And, I'm having to make another decision about the apartment, which I will be sharing with my boyfriend, with no input from him--which is basically what I've been doing for the last month and a half. I am sooooo ready for a vacation, which I won't be getting this year, but I'm ready for one anyway.

I hope your week is going better than mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Boy, you have a load of stuff going on don't you??? Sorry about the kid at the center - wish I could be of more help. Kids like that give me ulcers. Hang in there...it will all be over soon - ready or not!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home