Monday, April 10, 2006

A Long Overdue Update...

So here it is, almost a week after I promised it. But alas, it's here. My wonderful update on my hectic and "exciting" life. Where to begin....

School-It's winding down I guess. I am never taking 18 credits ever again. Only 2 1/2 more weeks to go. That's good and bad. Good because it means that I successfully made it through my 5th full semester in college. Bad because it means that all those projects that I put off 'until later' are due now and um, yeah...Let's just say I've become a library rat recently.

Work-I'm not really liking the vibe at work right now. Consistency is not very high between the teachers. In addition to that, the director comes in twice a week for a grand total of 4 hours. If it weren't for our assistant director, we probably all would've quit by now. Right now, we have a lot of people working there-(remember this is on a college campus so 95% of the staff is students)-who just don't care or just don't want to work. It puts a lot of pressure on those of us who actually DO work for our paycheck and then it kind of snowballs from there. But, it's not all bad. Many of the children at the center that we were worried about with behavior problems and/or developmental delays are improving on a daily basis. It's great to see, it really makes you feel good inside because you feel like you accomplished something. In addition to that job-(15 hrs. a week)-I babysit occasionally on weekends for a lady who's daughter goes to the center, and I also babysit for my neighbor.

Neighbor's-They suck. It's as simple as that. They have officially broken 3 of our house windows. Jerks...that's all I have to say about that.

Baby-I'm not sure where to even begin with this. And no, I'm not pregnant nor do I have a baby. My boyfriend, Brian, lives with a guy who we'll call Moron #1, or M1 for short. M1 met this girl, we'll call her M2 for Moron #2. They 'fell in love'-(read: a lot of sex and not much else)-and they had an unplanned pregnancy. So this unplanned pregnancy has moved along through the trimesters, M1 lost his job and didn't look for another one, M2 drank loads of coffee, smoked cigarette after cigarette and never went to the doctor. She told us all she was due 'around the end of May/beginning of June.' She finally went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago. They did an ultrasound...low and behold she's due May 10th. So now that reality has hit the Moron Twins in the face, they're not real happy with the idea of 'responsibility.' Kind of funny how that all works though...people who were too irresponsible to use birth control the right way are now going to be responsible for a human being--poor kid.

Love Life-It exists...on the occasional weekend that I have the money, the time, and the stamina to drive down to see the boy toy. The visits with my boyfriend have been few and far between. I see him about once a month now, and the visits are short. I go down Friday after my internship, so I don't get down there till 6pm or later. Then he works on Saturday, and Sunday I have to drive back to school during the late afternoon. He's supposed to be moving up here in August though...which brings me to my big news...

I'M MOVING (again)!!!!

Yes, I'm being crazy and moving for the 6th time in a year. Yes people, that's SIX times in 12 months (May-Dad's, then Brian's, August-School, October-Dad's, January-School). I don't know why I even bother unpacking--it takes more energy to pack and unpack than it does to just live out of the boxes. I'm moving because Brian is coming up here to school and it just seems natural that it's the next step. I'm moving at the end of this month, because my lease at my current place is up on May 1st. But, on the plus side..I love the apartment I'm moving too. And if all goes well, we should be able to stay there for a few years until Brian is done with school.

Well I guess that's it. I should probably get to work on this paper. Have a good week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Hang in there, Jen! I will be thinking about you these next few weeks.

So many things in your life are changing! Take a deep breath and enjoy a brief moment before it gets too crazy!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home