Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back to Winter...

And glad to be here! As crazy as that sounds, I definitely don't miss being in Florida. Granted it's cold, but at least I get some peace and quiet. The arguing between my brother-in-law and sister never stopped the whole time I was there. When he would go to work, she'd turn on me-which didn't work to well. My brother-in-law made a quote to my sister one day while we were sitting at a restaurant, "When I call you my princess, I mean it as the princess and prince situation. Not the princess and the pauper." That pretty much sums it up. My sister is a rude, condescending, disrespectful, and lazy wife. He does everything-(all of the housework, laundry, etc.) and they both work 40+ hrs. a week. But everything he does is "wrong" and when he tried to fix it it's still "wrong." Needless to say, I'm not very optimistic that he's going to stick around-and honestly, I can't blame him.

After that awkward vacation with my sister, I flew back to my hometown of Marquette and stayed at my dad's. My mom was there, she moved back into his house-(with his permission) when I had my surgery and just never really left. She's leaving at the end of March and moving back to her home in the Kalamazoo area. Then my parents tell me that they are getting back together. I didn't think much of it since I don't live with either of them anymore and it really doesn't affect me. It's the reason why they're getting back together that threw me for a loop. My dad is losing his job in the fall. They're selling his house this summer and moving into my mom's house downstate. Okay, that was a bit of a shocker since he has worked for the hospital for 26 years and now he's losing his job.

Then I drove back to my house, excited to be back and be able to have my own space again. Had a nice sit down talk with my roommate about me moving out in May when the lease is up. It went a lot better then I expected, mainly because she's thinking about moving out anyways but wasn't going to because she didn't want to leave me with full rent, which is the same reason I hadn't said anything to her up until this point either. So, we're getting that figured out slowly but surely. Now I just need to find a place to live :) Kind of a long story.

I go back to school and work tomorrow. Have 2 exams on Tuesday--not looking forward to them. Hope you all have a good week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wow - you had a whirlwind trip - lots of life changy type things! Good luck on the tests this week!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Glad you had a safe trip. Good you can see your sister and bro-in-law's relationship from an objective point of view.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home