Friday, August 18, 2006

There Should Be A Law...

That any person, parent or otherwise, is only allowed to make 1 major change in a young child's life once every 3 months. If I was tired last week, then I am WAAAAAY beyond tired after this week. This kid has had 3 major changes in her life in the past 2 weeks. First her dad went back to his home 8 hrs away, then they moved to a new house, then they got a 6 week old puppy. This all happened in a 10 day period. On top of all of that, nothing is really set up in the new house. She has 1 box of toys to play with. None of her books are unpacked, her room isn't set up, she doesn't have a bed yet. Now, some things happened that kind of made it chaotic when they moved, so this isn't a case of negligent parenting, just a case of things went wrong and they had to deal with it. But to get a 6 week old puppy the DAY AFTER YOU MOVE, is insane. Just absolutely insane.

Needless to say, I am wiped out. Actually, I am beyond wiped out. Between not being able to be more than 10 feet away from the kid, and having to clean up 10 + accidents that the puppy has each day, my mind is shot. The little girl has been a koala bear...attached to me. She had 3 meltdowns this week that just came on randomly. I feel bad for her, I really do. I want to fix it, but I can't. All I can say is thank heavens that I have next week off. Then the mom can actually deal with the new puppy that she only sees for 4 hrs. a day...so she really has no clue what I've been through. K...I'll post more tomorrow, when my mind is sorta back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home