Sunday, July 23, 2006

Today was....

Well, not too bad. Definitely better than I expected. I was expecting another day of swearing, fighting, hitting, whining, crying, and tantrums. But it wasn't at all like that. Here's a breakdown of the good, and the bad, from today:

Bad:

The kids mom called me at midnight to ask me if I could motive her kids to clean their room while I watched them today.

She had just finished drinking 12 beers when she called.

The baby completely skipped his morning nap, he WOULD NOT SLEEP.

The baby just cut 3 bottom teeth 2 days ago.

The baby hates any and all teething rings.

Their room hadn't been cleaned in 6 weeks.

It took the 3 of us 2 hrs. to clean their room.

Good:

Me and the kids made a game out of cleaning their room so they thought it was fun.

The kids didn't swear at each other at all today.

The kids were not as wild as they were last time.

The 4 year old didn't whine nearly as much. Only 5 tantrums today!!!

They asked me before they did stuff.

Their room is now clean AND organized!

We had fun today because I wasn't refereeing their fights all today.

I didn't hear the words "I'm Bored" from either of them all day!

So that's the jist of my day. I'm really really tired now, and I really really don't want to go to class tomorrow. I've got a long week ahead of me, but that's another post for another time. Let's just say all of my assignments are due for this class, I have a 3 hr. training session, and I'm going to have to drive 18 hrs. around the state of Michigan this weekend. Yeah, definitely another post :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I hope you are being WELL compensated for this! I would pay a month's worth of rent for someone to watch my kids AND clean their room!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home