Monday, July 03, 2006

Still Alive and Kicking....

A rundown of my life for the past month....

I got a B- in my economics class. Dropped my literature and culture class to take a children's literature class. The class has sucked up most of my time. Cramming 14 weeks worth of class into 6 weeks gets a little crazy. But I'm getting stuff done and just want the class to end.

My hours got cut at work. I'm now only working in the afternoon's so I lost 10 hrs. a week. Work is going pretty well. The kids have more than enough energy every day. The elementary school aged kids all have this attitude that they are superior to everybody at the center...including the teachers. It's been an uphill battle but it's only 3 more weeks and then we're closed till September. I've been babysitting a lot lately, it's nice to have the extra cash but I feel like I never get away from kids sometimes. If I wanted kids 24/7 I would have my own!

Things are moving right along with my boyfriend and his school plans. He'll know his class schedule later this month, so after that he plans on looking for a job and we'll coordinate moving his stuff up here.

The biggest change this month is that I've been diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder as well as a panic disorder. They put me on Paxil because I was barely able to leave the house without having a panic attack. It's going well so far, I go back to the Dr. later this month for a recheck.

I guess that's about it for now. Have a great 4th of July!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Good to "see" you! Hang in there - it is no wonder with everything you have going on right now that an anxiety disorder is it! You are a trooper for hanging in there with school AND a job AND your boyfriend AND moving...hats off to you!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I still have nightmaresto this day about college and missing classes or having to drop classes and waiting too late and getting bad grades.

Hope the medication continues to help you.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I found your blog on Google's blog search engine, and I totally know where you're coming from. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder at 14, and has been a bit of a scary and rocky road. The good news is over 6 million Americans suffer with the disorder, so you're not alone.

I recently started a blog about my daily life with the disorder called "Nightlight: A Woman's Life with Panic Disorder" (www.rachel-schneider.com/blog), and want to invite you to come and take a look. I think the best bet we have as sufferers is to support each other, educate the public, and form a community.

Stay strong & best wishes,

Rachel

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home