Monday, July 24, 2006

The Trip I Didn't Expect to Take...

I like to plan my trips as much as possible. However, this coming weekend I will be taking a trip that I did not plan on taking. It came up at the last minute when my mom called me and asked me to come get her and take her to my dad's. So after a rush to adjust my schedule, talk to my boss, and figure out the money situation, I think I finally have it planned. It's going to require 18 hrs on the road and I'll be staying at 4 different place. To top it all, my car doesn't have A/C. Hopefully it'll be cool next week--otherwise it's going to be a very long and hot trip. Here's how the trip breaks down so far:

Friday--Get off of work at 5:30 and be on the road by 6:00 to Petoskey to stay overnight with my boyfriend. (2 hrs)

Saturday--Get up at a decent time and get on the road by 10:00 to drive to my mom's house in Bloomingdale. (4 hours)

Sunday-Tuesday--Stay at my mom's and help her with canning and freezing the fruits and vegetables from her garden. In addition, I'll probably have to mow her lawn with the push lawnmower-(not gas or electrical powered, one of the old style ones where you're force it was makes it go). She's got a couple of acres so it's basically a full day of mowing the lawn. I think it's her getting me back for all those years of hell I put her through.

Wednesday--Get up really freakin' early and drive my mom to my dad's house in Marquette to get her car. (8-9 hours)

Thursday--Take my car into the shop in Marquette as well as go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned-(**no cavity vibes**)

Friday--Stay in Marquette at my dad's

Saturday-Head to Sault Saint Marie to my apartment with my mom. Both of us stay overnight here. (3 hours)

Sunday--Mom leaves my place and head's back down to her house.

Yeah, it's gonna be a long week next week. And this week is no better as it's the final week of the semester. Then on the 7th of August I start my job for the rest of the summer. I'll be working a minimum of 10 hours. a day with a maximum of 12.5 hours a day. In addition, I have 2 overnights in August as well-(I stay overnight with the child I am going to be watching for August because her mom will be out of town.) Luckily, I have August 18th-26th off, so maybe I'll get to relax then. But, Brian is moving up here sometime this month...I don't remember when. Then school starts again on September 6th. Thank heavens that I am a senior and almost done!

So yeah, expect some stressed out, tired, caffiene induced posts for the month of August!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Wow, that is a whirlwind trip! Safe travels!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Wow. That's a lot of driving!

I've never used a riding mower. We always had a push mower. Although we never had two acres.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home