Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Quick, Grab a Pen!!!!

And write this day down in preschool teacher history!!!!!

At 1:51pm, 21 minutes after nap time started, 4 teachers got to take a 45 minute break because EVERY CHILD WAS SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the 2+ years that I have been working there, we have NEVER, I repeat, NEVER had every child sleep at nap time. There was always at least one child who did not sleep.

Sadly enough, during our 45 minute break we all just looked at each other because we didn't know what to do. Nobody needed a nose wiped, a shoe tied, a fight broken up, or to be entertained.

I'm amazed that in 2 short years THIS would be what excites me. But alas, I feel that I have become a true preschool teacher because it really is the little things that matter :)

Hope you all had a great day like I did!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

You are right - that is unheard of! congrats on a great day!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Hey, do they still use the foam mats that are red on one side and blue on the other? Or did those go out in 1982?

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home