Friday, August 11, 2006

Workaholics Annonymous...

Yes folks, I've turned into a workaholic. I only worked 3 days this week but it amounted to 36 hours-(Tues=14 hrs, Wed=12 hrs, and Thur=10 hrs.) Hence the reason I disappeared this week from my blog. But alas, it is now the weekend for me and here I am.

The week at work went okay. The biggest problem I've been facing is that by about 3pm me and the kid I'm watching run out of things to do. We've done all the parks around here multiple times, painted, done arts & crafts gallore, run errands, gone swimming, have been to see the ships pass through the Locks many times, gone window shopping, gotten ice cream, gone out to eat, played with her toys, watched movies, played hide & seek, played tickle monster, read books, made our own books, played with bubbles A LOT, drawn with chalk, painted with sidewalk paint, colored, played with friends, bought a new fish for me, played outside, went to the fire station, run errands, and jammed on the guitar & piano. Yeah...we've done a lot, but it still doesn't fill up a whole week.
There's no zoo's or museums around here, so that's not an option. We would go to the library more often but seeing as how the building is NOT air conditioned and they insists on keeping every door and window closed, it is WAY WAY too hot in there to really have any fun. We more or less wait until rainy days to go to the library because it's cooler and much more enjoyable. I get the feeling that next week is going to be a LOOOOOOONG week because I have her for 55 hours. We're going to go Putt-Putt golfing one of these days when it's not blistering hot outside because there's no shade at the mini-golf course. Any ideas on what else we can do are GREATLY appreciated because we're both bored and when we get bored we get crabby. I'm out of ideas and out of energy.

Until the next time I have enough energy to post.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

big paint brushes and buckets of water - and paint the town!

By the way, your page is HUGELY slow loading. MAJOR slow. I'm on cable modem and it takes over 4 minutes to load your site.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I don't have any good ideas. Other than a nap. But I'm not sure the kid would enjoy that.

But I'm tired from just reading all you've done.

Good luck.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home