Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Solved!!!

Well I am happy to report that the job dilemma has been solved. Though it wasn't solved by my own choice, it has still been solved. I FINALLY got ahold of my boss today. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hi! How are you????
Boss: Oh I'm good, I've been trying to get ahold of you but I didn't have your number!
Me: Oh. I was just calling to check on the schedule for work.
Boss: Yeah, I'm still working on it. I'm hoping to have it done by the time school starts.
Me: So with budget cuts and all am I going to be on the schedule?
Boss: Do you have any other job options?
Me: Why?
Boss: Because you're not on the schedule.
Me: Oh, okay. That's all I wanted to know.
Boss: But I might need you to sub occasionally for the assistant director.
Me: Okay, I'll think about it.
Boss: Well just come in next week and sign the papers for it so I can put you on the sub list.
Me: ??????? uh...okay.
Boss: But if something changes I'll let you know within the first 3 weeks of the semester. Your number is ***-**** right?
Me: Yeah.
Boss: Okay, bye.
Me: Bye.

Um...okay, so I'm not working for her anymore??????? And the part at the very end was interesting to me...she 'didn't have my number' and then read it off to me. Go figure. Anyways, I'm now trying to work out a schedule with the mom who I'm working for this month. All I have to say is THANK HEAVENS that I had another option! And a plus is that the mom told me that she would pay me MORE than minimum wage because I'm worth more than that! SCORE!!!! Even if it doesn't work out for her to pay me more, it's still a wonderful compliment to get :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

Funny how problems work themselves out sometimes. Glad things all worked out for you, and that you had another job to go to.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home