Thursday, September 01, 2005

Updated: Teacher's Who Don't Do Anything...

Tuesday was my first day of work. I was working with one other teacher, Ms. E. We had 8 kids between the ages of 2 1/2 and 4. I worked with Ms. E last year and had no problems with her, this year it's a little different because she doesn't do anything. I cleaned up snack, I changed 4 pull-ups, I cleaned up the house, small block, active, and art areas. I put notes and pictures into the kids cubbies to take home. I answered the phone and the door. I held a crying 2 1/2 year old for 3 hours while she screamed in my ear. I locked up the center and shut the windows. She sat in the quiet area even when there weren't kids there and whined about having to clean up one area.

Yesterday went better because it was Ms. K, Ms. E, and myself. But Ms. E didn't do the one thing that Ms. K asked her to do before she left, put away one lousy cot. I don't know if I can handle 8 kids by myself every Tuesday and Thursday. I feel like I'm having to do a majority of the work by myself and I'm afraid that I'm going to burn out. Why do people go into childcare when they don't want to work with children? That's like being a doctor and not liking people.

Today went well with Ms. E. I called and talked to my boss about it this morning and she gave me some suggestions on what to do and how to handle it. She also said that she would talk to Ms. E about being more involved on the floor with the kids and helping out more with cleaning. At least it's an improvement. And I'm glad for that, makes the day a little more enjoyable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Java Boo Boo said...

Well that's just wrong that you got a lazy person working there with you.

She's not tenured is she? Get her fired or moved to something else.

~K

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home