Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Paint, Paint Everywhere...

And not a drop of it on paper. Today was an interesting day at work. 3 kids wanted to paint acorns. So one of our teachers-(interestingly enough the one who won't do anything BUT art activities with the kids)-took them outside with some paint and the acorns. All was going well outside and there were 2 teachers out there so I went inside to clean up snack. I come back out and the 3 kids are COVERED in paint. It was in their hair, eyelashes, faces, ears, and arms. Their clothes were spotted with paint as well-(they had smocks on, thank heavens). I kind of wondered what happened since the teacher who brought them out there was sitting right next to them. I soon found out what happened...I watched as the teacher took a paintbrush, dipped it in paint, and put a nice big smear across on of the kids cheeks. Then they began throwing the painted acorns at each other--I expected the teacher to stop them but instead, she joined in. So I walked over there and was like "let's get you guys cleaned up" since it was almost time for pick up. It took me over an hour to clean the 3 kids and all of the painting stuff up. And this teacher didn't help with ANY of it. That's when I got PO'd. If you're gonna make the mess, be responsible enough to clean it up. To top it all off, I had a parent get upset at me about it all. Which I can understand, the kids hair was basically dyed blue from the paint and his clothes were pretty much in ruins.

In the rest of my life, my medical problems are getting worse. I couldn't even keep down yogurt today. I basically had a meltdown last night--it was a combination of things that set it off, but it was mostly all of the tests-(some of them are quite painful)-stress from being sick, and tiredness from not eating enough. Test results aren't back from the tests I had last week. They should come in some time this week--I'm crossing my fingers that something shows up because I'm just about done with it all. Mentally I'm just not there, emotionally I'm a wreck, and physically I look horrible. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see..that's the only thing I can do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I am so sorry you feel so yuck. prayers for you!

I'm with you - if you make the mess, you clean it up. But why in the WORLD would she let kids do that with paint? Real responsible there!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Mom, I am not sure I would be happy with my kids clothes covered in paint...I agree with the previous comment, it shows a lack of responsibility.

I hope that you feel better as well, I know how it is to have a medical problem that noone seems to be able to solve or fix. Mine is migraines, for almost 2 years I have had migraines and they cant seem to figure out why or how to stop them. I hope that they figure yours out for you. It is trying and depressing.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home