Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another Day, Another Dollar...

Well school started again today after the long Labor Day weekend. I start my internship at a local elementary school today. I'm going over there around 1 O'Clock to meet with the teacher, sign papers, and set up the days when I'll be working with her. I'm a little nervous, I've never worked in an elementary school before so it's a brand new experience for me. I'll be working in the Kindergarten room so at least the kids aren't that much older than what I've worked with before. I go back to work today. Thankfully work is going better. The teacher who didn't do anything was taken off of the floor and put in charge of the literacy program. This way she won't have to work with kids and we'll all be much happier. We're getting 9 new student teachers this week, so that should be fun *rolls eyes* Training them is alays the hardest part. I'll never forget the student teacher last year who told one of the 2 year olds "If you hit me, I'll hit you back." Lovely--just lovely. Why do people like this go into child care? I mean, really...what are they thinking?

In other news, I'm having a hard time adjusting to not seeing my boyfriend every day. I got spoiled living with him this summer becuase I saw him every day, regardless of our work schedules. Now, it's a 2 week minimum between the times when we can see each other. It's hard for me to get used to sleeping alone again. I can't just roll over and there he is. I honestly don't know how military wives do it. I would be a basket case if my boyfriend went to war and I didn't know if/when I was going to see him again.

For those of you who have asked why I haven't posted anything about Hurricane Katrina, it's because I just don't know what to say. It's not because I'm an uncaring person, it's honestly because I just don't have the words to express how I feel about the tragedy that has fallen upon our nation. I've watched the news, seen the pictures, read the articles. It's just mind boggling to me. All I can say is if you have the resources, please donate. I am a college student, I don't have a lot of money, but I donated what I could. Hopefully it will help out someone, somewhere.

On that note, I'm going to go get ready to head over to the school. Be safe, take care, and God Bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I know what you mean about not knowing what to say - I have too much on my mind to form it into coherent thoughts that others would understand.

Good luck in kinder - I love that age!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home