Friday, September 09, 2005

Medical & Internship Update...

Well I made the trek back home last night after work. 30 minutes outside of my hometown my car decided to go on the fritz. Apparently one of my spark plug wires came loose, got into the fan, and got chopped in half. So I ran my car on 3 cylinders for the last 30 minutes of the drive. That was fun, it almost died on me a few times and I was just hoping that I'd make it back because I was in the middle of nowhere and it was the middle of the night. So I got up this morning, took my car into the shop-(I love knowing mechanics who will get my car in at the drop of a hat.) Turns out that my oxygen sensors were shot to hell as well. So that was a nice $350 surprise. After I dropped my car off it was off to my Dr's appt.

Get to the Dr's office and looked horrible. The nurse, and even my Dr. said I didn't look good-(being sick every day for 3 months will do that to you.) So the next step is to have an endoscopy. Lovely, can't wait for that. It won't be until November though because I have to have at least 2 days where I don't have to do anything and well, that's just not gonna happen at school here. Got a refill on my prescription so that I can still eat some stuff. Then came the fun part, my Dr. wanted to do some more lab work. So it's off to draw my blood. 6 tries later and still no blood. So the Dr. sent me home to drink a bunch of water-(which I promptly threw up)-and then to the hospital to have a lab tech draw the blood she needed to do the lab work. 4 tries later and we finally got 1 vile of blood. Thank heavens she only wanted 1 vial. Last time it was 5, and the time before was 6 viles. So now we just have to wait for the results of that and then it's off to be drugged and have a tube shoved down my throat in November. Should be a grand ole end of the year for me. To top it all off, Aunt Flo decided to visit me this morning. And do you think I have any feminine products at my dad's? No, of course not. So that was fun.

Now onto the internship, turns out I'm working with second graders, not kindergarteners. Apparently my advisor didn't listen when I told her K. Oh well, it's fun nonetheless and it'll be a good learning experience. That's about it for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

2nd grade is fun - you will enjoy it!

Sorry about all the aches and pains - hope they find an answer for you soon!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home