Saturday, January 21, 2006

What Do Preschoolers Eat In The Mornings????

I would really like to know, because I'm going to start eating it every day. My preschoolers have this incredible amount of energy when they walk in the door. I had two this past week who came in, got their stuff off, washed their hands, then proceeded to run around our circular table over and over again. I don't know about anybody else, but when I get up at 7am, the only thing I want to do is crawl back into bed. Once in a great while I get one that comes in and wants to lay down on his or her cot, but in general they're just wound up balls of energy.

It isn't just preschoolers though. The second graders I'm working with this year are the same way. On Friday I was with them almost all day and when they came in, not one of them looked tired. I know some of them definately don't get the sleep they need but they are wide awake when they walk in the door at 8:30. It's scary....I down two cups of coffee in the morning before I even walk out the door and I'm still ready for a nap at noon. I want to be a kid again, just to have the energy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Two words -

POP TARTS

7:53 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I agree. I'd love to have that energy, just like for one day a week.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home