Monday, July 25, 2005

Books...

I love books. Since I started college 2 1/2 years ago I haven't really had that much time to do leisurely reading since I spend most of the time reading textbooks and working. In any case, I have read a few books and just thought I'd post about a few that I think are worth your time. So, here goes:
1. "Please Stop Laughing at Me..." by Jodee Blanco
Wonderful book to read, especially if you're a woman. It's a woman's account of being an outcast, loner, etc. It's a wonderfully inspirational story and well worth the read. Pages-275

2. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J.K. Rowling
I read this while I was on strict bed-rest during the various hospital stays and tests. I finished it in 1 1/2 days. Needless to say, I had a lot of time on my hands. Great book. If you haven't read the other 5, it would be worth your time to read them because this one may not make sense if you haven't read the others, or at least seen the movies. Pages-652

3. "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis
Wonderful set of books, I have read the set more than once and can't get enough. Sometimes the story line gets a bit boring, but overall a great set of books to read. Pages-between 189 & 248

4. "The Out-of-Sync-Child" by Carol Stock Kranowitz, M.A.
This one is for the teachers and parents out there. It's about recognizing and coping with Sensory Integration Dysfunction. If your child, or student, has SID, read this book. It's a very helpful resource and gives some wonderful tips on how to teach/live with a child who is affected by SID. Pages-322

Those are my 4 picks for great reads. Although they aren't for everybody, they are still great books.

Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home