Monday, June 13, 2005

My Dad...

My dad is awesome. I was reading a post at A Family Runs Through It-(link can be found to the left--towards the middle.) and it reminded me of just how cool my dad is. He basically raised my sister and I by himself. My mom decided she didn't want to be a mother when I was about 8...It reached it's peak when I was 13. 5 hell-filled years with her being a stay at home mom. Yeah, it sucked. But my dad was always there when he got home from work, no matter how tired he was, he always had time for us. I remember one time when I took a particularly bad beating from my mother and I just laid in my bed and cried. My dad, as sleep deprived as he was from working 2 jobs--one as a paramedic and the other as a word processor, got up--came to my room--and read me books until I calmed down. I still remember that because I thought he was going to be mad that I woke him up--but to this day he has never said anything about it. Now he's working 4 jobs to put me through college and even though I've told him it's not necessary, he does it anyways. And yet, even with working at 4 different hospitals as a paramedic, he still finds time for me when I'm home. Whether it's going out to eat for lunch or just talking--he always finds time. Thanks dad--You're the best.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Janet
I will, thanks. :)

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home