Thursday, June 30, 2005

This Is Sad...

So here's my Stupid Score. It's kind of depressing, but at least I have room to improve.


The Stupid Quiz said I am "Kinda Smart, but Stupid!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!


In other news, I got the "Why on Earth would you want to be a preschool teacher? It's not like it's good money...You have to spend the whole day with kids...I can't stand them...blah blah blah." from a friend today. For the teachers out there, how do you deal with this stuff? I've tried explaining the mechanics of it..you know, social, emotional, etc. etc. etc. but they just look at me and laugh and go "Yeah but that's stupid. It doesn't really matter!" It always gets under my skin, always. My parents, boyfriend, friends, professors, and peers have all given me this same speech. It's frustrating but at the same time it makes me want to work even harder to prove them wrong. I have underlying reasons for doing this, as well as practical ones. I had a abuse ridden childhood and was an emotional train wreck. My social skills sucked and I had no self-control. In addition, my teachers ignored me when I told them about the abuse--I don't want this to happen to another kid. Although the reality is that it does and will continue to happen to kids, any kind of positive influence I can make on these kids will, in my humble opinion, help them throughout life. It may be a small and insignificant influence that I make on some kids, but every little bit helps, right? I have seen so many kids go into Kindergarten with little to no social skills, very little self-control and a few times I have seen children with no self-esteem. It's very hard to watch this and these kids struggle continuously throughout their lives. That is why I teach preschool.--so that this won't happen to many of the kids who pass through my classroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Library Lady
That's a very good point. I will stand proud, and will continue to stand proud in what I do for a living until the day I die. On a side note, I love your site. :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home