Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Names!!!

Hey ya'll. My roomies and I were enjoying our last night together before we all go our seperate ways and we got on the topic of baby names. I have no idea why, we were watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour and then we were talking about what we wanted to name our kids. Go figure. Anyways, I thought I'd just post a short list of the names I like and the reason's I like them so here goes:

Adele--I remember watching a documentary, about 5 or 6 years ago, that was done at a children's hospital in England. On the documentary there was a little girl who was probably about 8 years old and she was dying waiting for a liver transplant. I fell in love with this little girl. I was glued to my tv just absorbing everything I could from this documentary and her name, Adele, stuck with me. I still love it to this day.

Jane--I like this name because I had a boss who's name was Jane. She was the sweetest woman I have ever met. She was like a second mother to me. She took me in when my mom was absent from the parenting world-(long story...i'll post about it another day). I, in turn, watched her 2 kids and basically I was their big sister. I don't ever remember feeling afraid, shunned, put down, or belittled by her. Every time I interacted with her, I felt better about myself. She is truly an amazing person :)

Molly--One of my best friends in grade school. I was basically an outcast in elementary school and Molly stuck with me through and through. She didn't judge me, didn't join in and make fun of me when the other kids did. I remember one day I was playing hopscotch on the playground and I fell and ripped my brand new tights. She offered to switch tights with me just so that I wouldn't get beaten when I got home. God I miss her.

Zachary--My rival in math class during elementary school. I remember we used to play a game where we would go around and room and one by one we would stand up, read the multiplication problem on the flash card that the teacher held up, and give her the answer. If we got the answer right, we would get to go to the next card, if we got the answer wrong, we would have to sit down and it was the next kids turn. Well, it always came down to me and Zach. He was also a person who never made fun of me and always made me feel better about myself after I interacted with him. He moved when I was in 2nd grade, came back for the end of 3rd grade, and then I was pulled out of school in 4th grade. I haven't seen him since.

Dawson--No, it's not Dawson's Creek..I hate that show. I just really really really like this name. It's cute, but yet sophisticated enough so that it can carry through adulthood. I once watched a little boy named Dawson, cute as a button!

Well, that's it. 5 names. Short list, I know. I stick to what I like. What are some of your favorite names--and why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home